Taproom Manager - Tommy's Brewing @ East Gates APPLY NOW
About Tommy's Brewing Company
Tommy's Brewing Company is Trinidad & Tobago's first craft brewery, and provides a unique experience by blending quality craft beer & cider with freshly made food in a casual brewpub environment. All beers are brewed, kegged and bottled on site and many are available exclusively in our taproom. Our East Gates Trincity taproom is scheduled to open in April 2023.
About the Position
Tommy's Brewing Company is seeking qualified candidates for a full-time Taproom Manager at our East Gates, Trincity taproom. Scheduling will be flexible but weekend hours are required. We believe that the taproom experience is integral to the success of Tommy’s Brewing Company, and the Taproom Manager will be responsible for making the taproom experience nothing short of exceptional.
The Taproom Manager ensures smooth operation of the taproom by making sure that the taproom is appropriately staffed, that beer tenders have everything they need to successfully and efficiently complete their tasks, that the taproom environment is comfortable, that the beers are at their absolute best, and that unforeseen needs are addressed quickly. The Taproom Manager is also responsible for ensuring that customers have a positive experience during their visit.
- Prior experience in bar / restaurant management
- Flexibility to work in shifts, including weekends, evenings, and holidays
- Knowledge of craft beer, including basic understanding of beer production is a huge plus, but in absence of this, interest in learning about, and becoming an advocate fo craft beer is required.
- Must complete our Beer 101 Training Program
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Ability to anticipate and proactively address problems in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated leadership
- Positive attitude and ability to work with a diverse set of people
- Basic familiarity with tablet-based POS systems and other web-based / MS Office software
- Clear Certificate of Character
Job Duties Include:
- Setting the daily schedule for taproom employees at minimum of one week in advance and for at least one week out
- Opening and closing the taproom (setting up and closing down cash drawers, ensuring that the taproom is clean and ready for patrons, restocking/ordering any necessary supplies, addressing any unforeseen needs)
- Ensuring that the beers on tap are acceptable to serve (right temperature, optimal quality, no off-smells or flavors)
- Tirelessly making sure that taproom patrons’ needs are met quickly and efficiently
- Creating and maintaining a pleasant taproom environment (temperature, music, cleanliness, conduct)
- Planning and executing special events in the taproom
- Working with the owners and marketing department to properly market the taproom
- Maintaining taproom inventory (glassware, merch, etc.)
- Stepping in as beer tender and/or beer educator as needed
- Working towards continuous optimization of taproom operations
- Serving as team leader to staff of beer tenders
- Playing the role of brand ambassador
Tommy's Brewing Company offers competitive wages that will be determined by experience.
|||East Gates, Trincity|||||||||E3C0BhN22FASW9nS|||FULL_TIME|||TTD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false